- The classroom component is approximately 48 hours in length, is modeled after the US DOT National Standard Curriculum and includes American Heart Association certification in CPR.
- Instruction is provided by well qualified, certified EMS instructors and all are licensed EMTs or Paramedics.
- Students will be encouraged to ride along with Abbott ambulance crews as often as possible to provide real-world familiarity with EMS.
- Classes will be scheduled around the high school's calendar.
- The class is offered either on Abbott’s centrally located campus, or on-site at your high school if necessary.
- The cost is absolutely free to both the high school and the student.
- Credit toward graduation may be provided to students at the high school’s discretion.
To learn more about this course for your high school, contact Beverly Goodlow at 314-768-1000 ext. 1120.